United World College Trust of South Africa: Scholarships for South African High School Students
Partial and fully-funded scholarships for high school students to complete IB (last two years of high school) at one of the prestigious United World Colleges located in 17 countries across the world. Visit za.uwc.org for more information and to apply.
– South African national resident in South Africa (or documented refugees / asylum seekers / stateless people)- Be 16-18 years old by September 2018- Have completed at least a Grade 10- Must have at least a B average (preferably those in top 10% of grade / class)- Must already be involved in activities such as sports, culture, or community service (if these are offered in your school or community)
– 2 years spent in a new country with peers from almost 100 countries from around the world- International Baccalaureate Diploma, a rigorous educational diploma that is recognized worldwide for its excellent quality- Phenomenal preparation for university (and life in general), with further scholarship opportunities- A chance to join a network of more than 60,000 alumni from around the work, many of whom have gone on to become leaders in government, business, and civil society.
Simply download and complete the PDF application and submit it via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) – there is no application fee. Successful candidates will be invited to interviews in Gauteng, KZN, and the Western Cape in late February. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to final interviews in Johannesburg in mid-to-late March. Successful candidates are then selected and offered scholarships, with most attending school beginning late August 2018 or mid-January 2019.
- Partially (75%) and Fully Funded (100%) Scholarships for High School (final 2 years)
- Deadline: 7 February 2018
- To the scholarship website